Kaya is a UK and European Patent Attorney and is Ashfords' Head of Patents.
Kaya advises his technology clients on how their intellectual property can be turned to their advantage, and how the adverse effect of their competitor's IP can be minimised. He is a patent drafting specialist, and legally qualified to act in relation to patent matters internationally. He is also technically qualified with a Master's degree in Computer Systems Engineering. This underpins his competency of understanding of inventions from a wide range of technical fields. He specialises in mechanical, electronic and computer-implemented technologies.
Kaya has worked in private practice for over thirteen years, with a variety of clients, ranging from SMEs to multinational corporate entities. He is dual qualified as a Chartered UK and European Patent Attorney. He is also an Examiner for the Patent Examination Board.
- HelloFresh: Advising HelloFresh on their IP strategy, including drafting and filing of a suite of patent and registered design applications to protect their innovative packaging technology.
- Jennifer Chamandi: Advising the luxury fashion shoe designer on patent strategy, including the drafting and prosecution of patent rights.
- Fortitudo Maris: Advising and drafting a patent specification for a wave energy business.
- Avestin: Drafting a patent specification for scaffolding innovator, Avestin, and accelerating their application towards grant 3-4 times quicker than the average to meet business needs.
- Semiconductor design company: Advising the company on patent due diligence matters.
Extending the Unified Patent Court beyond...
The European Patent Office has existed since 1977. Yet, at present, there is no such thing as a single european...
Patent infringement claims in China
A Canadian company’s action against Sony could have wider significance for patent litigation claims.