Katie is an Associate in the Corporate Team.
Katie advises national and international clients on a wide range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings, corporate governance, joint ventures, restructures and shareholder arrangements.
In recent years Katie has specialised in acting for a number of AIM and Main Market listed companies, unlisted public companies, nominated advisors and brokers on reverse takeovers, initial floats, secondary fundraisings and regulatory compliance. Katie also focuses on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional mergers, acquisitions and group reorganisations for the firm's international client base.
Prior to Ashfords, Katie worked as part of a corporate team in a regional firm, specialising in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. Katie has also worked in-house with global technology company 3M, being appointed as Assistant Company Secretary of 3M United Kingdom Plc, where she held responsibility for UK-wide corporate structure compliance.
- World leading technology provider: Supporting the UK arm of a US-headquartered client on the dual acquisition of two international groups for a combined consideration of $120 million, to strengthen the acquirer's services portfolio.
- Testing and quality assurance: Advising the purchaser on the acquisition of an independent IT testing corporation for £3.5 million, incorporating a phased earn out and option mechanism.
- Airline group: Advising a national airline group on a £22.5 million reduction of capital by way of court approval.
- Leading manufacturer: Assisting with the share sale by Centrax of its £40+ million turnover turbine components subsidiary, Centrax Turbine Components Limited, to Scottish based MB Aerospace Holdings Limited (majority owned by the Blackstone Group).
- Main market listed care and support services group: Assisting on a £40 million group acquisition, comprising a 50% constructed earn-out.