Katharine is a Solicitor in the Real Estate Team.
Katharine advises on various commercial real estate matters, including the disposal and acquisition of land for development projects and small businesses.
Katharine has a particular specialism in the sale and purchase of commercial fisheries and other leisure properties/businesses.
- Private clients: Recently completed a deal in March 2017 for the disposal of an established holiday letting and fishing business in Mid Devon with planning permission for expansion of the holiday business. The transaction involved dealing with all matters in connection with the transfer of a business and in particular matters relating to rights of way, planning conditions, fishery licences and transferring copyright.
- Private clients and waste disposal companies: Advising Landlords and Tenants in relation to lease transactions including renewals, grants of new leases and assignments.
- Property development company: Assisting with development projects when acting for developer clients for mixed use developments including renewable energy and waste projects.
- Private client: Advising a tenant of their rights and options under a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) as part of the Council's regeneration project to demolish and rebuild blocks of flats.
- Private client: Acting for and advising clients on matters arising in connection with the sale and acquisition of commercial coarse fishery businesses, including advice relating to land sales and purchases, transfers of businesses and business assets, planning issues, CEFAS regulations for the import and export of fish and licencing issues.