Joanne is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team, she has expertise in advising banking, commercial, agricultural and public sector clients on all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Whilst Joanne has acted for a range of national and international organisations, she has spent her legal career in private practice in commercial law firms in Bristol, gaining a clear insight into the needs of Bristol and South West clients in particular.
Joanne is part of our Professional Negligence Team which specialises in advising banking clients on High Court claims against negligent solicitors and valuers. Before joining Ashfords, Joanne worked for a leading firm specialising in all types of litigation for major high street banks, including consumer credit and data protection.
Joanne's background in agriculture, having grown up on a dairy farm in Somerset, supports her regular advice to farming clients. Also an experienced horsewoman, Joanne also has an established equine litigation and bloodstock practice, providing knowledgeable advice to equestrian clients on a full range of disputes.
- Two well-known high-street clearing banks: Assisting with high value professional negligence claims in respect of residential, development and commercial property.
- Public body: Advising on a multi-million pound environmental dispute.
- Specialist agricultural firm: Advising on a high value and complex arable dispute.
- Equestrian businesses: Advising on disputed bloodstock transactions and veterinary negligence.
- Local charity: Acting for the client in a high profile appeal by charity trustees to the Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery Chamber).
The Blockchain: a brief summary
The Blockchain (or distributed ledger technology) is a hot topic for discussion - it has the potential to revolutionise...