Gruff is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution Team. Gruff advises on a range of disputes for individuals and businesses.
Gruff has advised and acted on behalf of a full range of clients in breach of contract claims, Sale of Goods Act/Consumer Rights Act disputes and professional negligence claims. He has also managed debt collection services for several corporate clients.
Gruff is developing a specialism in Judicial Review claims and assists the team in that regard.
Gruffydd is also a member of the XYBC Committee which organises regular events for young professionals in the Exeter and surrounding area. Click here to find out more about XYBC.
- Private individual: Defending a claim by the spouse of a deceased former director of a company in relation to a loan by the deceased to the company.
- Private company: Acting for a business with a national network of licensees in injunction proceedings against a licensee for breaches of restrictive covenants contained within a license agreement.
- Private company: Assisting on a breach of warranty claim for a transnational corporation in the oil industry including the service of time-critical notices to avoid the release of funds held in escrow.
- National accountancy firm: Defending professional negligence allegations and pursuing unpaid invoices for a leading national accountancy firm.
- Private individual: Bringing a claim for professional negligence against a firm of solicitors in respect of incorrect advice provided in the context of a contentious probate claim and breach of loan agreement claim.
It was a pleasure working with Gruff; and I am very grateful for the professional and pragmatic advice he provided and also how timely and comprehensive his responses were. I also felt he was a personable, friendly and genuine individual, and I would be very happy to work with him again.
John Groom, Divisional Director - Medicine, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
XYBC Summer Charity Ball
On Friday 21 September 2017 the Exeter Young Business Club (XYBC) hosted its annual charity ball at the Exeter Golf...
High Court refuses permission for a...
In what was described as "an extraordinary and, on the face of it, somewhat ambitious claim", the court refused permission...
XYBC Christmas Lunch - 2016
The annual Exeter Young Business Club Christmas Lunch took place on Friday 2 December.
Settling disputes: back to basics
A recent High Court case has highlighted that when a party wishes to accept a settlement offer, it needs to...