Fiona is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Fiona has extensive experience in advising private and commercial clients in relation to a variety of commercial disputes, including breach of contract claims.
She has particular expertise in advising clients in respect of professional negligence claims against solicitors and surveyors and has acted on behalf of major UK lenders in relation to multiple high value and complex claims.
A fluent German speaker, Fiona also has experience in advising German companies and individuals with business interests in the UK and is currently focused on advising on the post Brexit landscape.
In addition, with the predicted wave of litigation that will follow the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations later this year, Fiona is focussing on advising clients in relation to disputes arising from data protection and privacy breaches.
Clients have praised Fiona for her "expertise and professionalism".
Fiona trained with the firm and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Team in September 2011.
- Major UK bank: Acting on behalf of a lender in relation to a multi-million pound professional negligence claim against a firm of surveyors.
- Director of a Private Company: Successfully defending a Director in relation to allegations of commercial fraud, arising from a contract for the provision of gas infrastructure.
- Major UK banks: Negotiating settlements for a UK bank in respect of various claims against solicitors for breach of contract and/or negligence relating to advice received in respect of development, industrial and commercial premises.
- Private Company: Obtaining summary judgment for an independent specialist marine contractor in relation to a claim against the purchaser of one of the client's subsidiary companies.
- Private German Company (GmbH): Representing a German manufacturer and supplier of Equine Water Treadmills in relation to a three-party dispute involving jurisdictional issues and product liability.
The Arabella Group - Professional Networking...
On Monday 5 March, the inaugural gathering for The Arabella Group took place at Ashfords' Bristol office, attracting over 40...
The Candy brothers and data protection:...
The high profile multi-million pound claims brought by Mark Holyoake against property moguls Nick and Chris Candy (and connected companies)...