Daniel is a Solicitor in the Real Estate Team.
Daniel assists across the range of the department's work, acting for landowners, developers, housebuilders and housing associations on residential development sites, along with acting on sales and purchases of commercial, industrial and agricultural property and land, grants of leases and licences.
- National housebuilder: Acting for the client in the purchase of a company with the benefit of an option over former school playing field land in Cornwall and the exercise of the option to purchase the land from the local authority for residential development, the transaction including the surrender of the occupying Academy's lease, obtaining Secretary of State consent for the disposal of the land, the grant of easements for servicing of the development site across third party land and the transfer of ransom strips.
- Private company: Acting for the owners of a hotel, marina and holiday apartment complex in Devon on the property elements of an £11 million refinancing and group reorganisation.
- Developer: Acting for the purchaser of a £1.2 million former military barracks for residential development from a private landowner in Wiltshire, conditional on obtaining satisfactory planning permission.
- Landowner: Acting for the landowner in the granting of an option and subsequent £1.4 million sale of former agricultural land to a regional housebuilder in Lancashire for residential development.
- Registered providers: Acting for two registered providers to acquire and develop land for affordable housing on a large residential development scheme near Bristol. A total of 186 units were purchased across several sets of agreements from five national housebuilders (each developing their own parts of the site within the overall consortium), the land and development prices totalling over £20 million.