Clare is a Partner in the Projects Team. Clare is a project finance specialist with skills that cover both banking documentation and commercial contracts.
She has been in practice for over 20 years, the first 14 of them in London, mostly with Norton Rose. She is a project finance specialist with skills that cover both banking documentation and commercial contracts, in both a UK and an international context. Clare advises on a broad portfolio of projects, including advising local authorities, contractors and funders on project finance structures and outsourcings in many sectors, from PFI through to waste, accommodation and other infrastructure. She has a particular focus on waste projects and decentralised energy projects, including district heating networks.
"An extremely experienced international commercial project finance lawyer with the ability to rapidly grasp the intricacies of a complex structure in order to undertake a significant and influential role in the negotiation, leading to a timely financial close." International Banking Client
- NHS Trust: Advising in respect of a city wide district heating project.
- Waste contractor: Advising a waste contractor on its bid for a Waste PPP project in Serbia.
- North Yorkshire County Council: Advising the council in respect of the North Yorkshire Waste PPP, the largest legacy waste PFI project. North Yorkshire procured a private sector partner to design, build, finance and operate a waste treatment facility involving Energy from Waste, Mechanical Treatment, Anaerobic Digestion and Incinerator Bottom Ash. Total third party funding required for the Project was approximately £350 million. The Project reached financial close in October 2014 and we continue to advise the council throughout the contract duration.
- Local authorities: Advising local authorities in respect of conversions of schools into Academies and the necessary adjustments to existing schools PFI documentation.
- Funders and PFI SPV's: Advising funders and PFI SPV's in respect of ongoing amendments to operational PFI projects.
- Gloucester Waste PPP Project: Advising the shareholder in respect of its involvement in the project and the interaction of the subordinated debt documentation with senior debt.
- NW Fire & Rescue PFI: Advising the SPV on all senior and junior finance and equity documents on this £60 million project financing including loan, intercreditor and security documents.
- Hengrove Park Leisure PFI: Advising the lender on all finance documentation for this £30 million project financing.
- Waste Water PPP, Ireland: Advising the commercial lenders on all finance documentation in respect of this £160 million project financing in Ireland.
- Funders: Advising funders on general miscellaneous loan and security documentation throughout.
Click on the quarterly updates below:
- Decentralised Energy and Smarter Grids Newsletter - September 2015
- Decentralised Energy and Smarter Grids Newsletter - November 2015
- Decentralised Energy and Smarter Grids Newsletter - February 2016
- Decentralised Energy and Smarter Grids Newsletter - June 2016
- Decentralised Energy and Smarter Grids Newsletter - July 2017