Claire is an Associate in our Dispute Resolution Team.
Claire is experienced in advising both private and commercial clients in relation to a variety of commercial disputes, including pursuing, and defending all types of contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, claims concerning professional negligence, company restorations, debt recovery and enforcement action. Claire is also experienced at giving general litigation advice. Claire is able to advise and support clients through all stages of litigation and often successfully settles disputes through ADR, including mediation.
In 2014, Claire completed a four month full-time secondment to the litigation team of Post Office Limited in London. In 2016, Claire completed a short placement in the litigation team of a commercial firm in Perth, Australia.
Claire is a leading member of Taunton Young Business Club, a networking organisation for young professionals run in the local area.
- Manufacturing company: Advising and representing a local manufacturing company in pursuing a claim for £7 million against a popular soft drinks provider over an alleged breach of a Manufacturing Agreement. The case settled after mediation.
- Various commercial organisations: Advising and representing leading national commercial organisations on debt recovery matters, including advising on general issues relating to debt claims, procedure, associated costs and risk, drafting letters before action and court proceedings.
- National water and waste water service company: Advising and representing the company in respect of various claims against others and claims brought against it, including advising on contract law and the law of negligence, conducting and defending court proceedings, advising on practical solutions and alternative methods of dispute resolution, and advising on and negotiating commercial settlements.
- Private client: Advising and representing an individual Claimant in connection with a claim against her former partner for breach of a loan agreement and return of other monies in the sum of over £120,000. The case was quickly won following an application for Summary Judgment after the Defendant filed a Defence. The Judgment was referred to the High Court Enforcement Officer for enforcement.
- Various clients: Advising individual and commercial clients in connection with disputes concerning The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations.
- Various clients: Representing various individuals in connection with a wide range of clinical negligence