Chris is a Partner in the Real Estate Team with substantial regeneration and development experience.
He has specialist knowledge in major infrastructure projects, including oil and gas projects, where we act for many of the leading UK on-shore operators.
Chris has been involved in some of the largest housing and mixed use development schemes in London including a city centre scheme which is targeting the delivery of over 5,000 new homes.
- London Borough of Hackney: Advising the council on the successful procurement (using competitive dialogue) of its development partners at Woodberry Down with a long term Development Agreement. With over 5,000 new homes proposed and an end value of over £1 billion, this is one of the largest housing led schemes in London.
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets: Acted for the council on its joint venture with East Thames Limited and Bellway Homes on the regeneration of the Ocean housing estate in Stepney. The work included the negotiation of a development agreement, building contracts and a comprehensive land assembly funded by the private sector through a CPO Indemnity Agreement.
- Homes and Communities Agency: Advising the agency on its acquisition, development and disposal of the Hythe Marine Business Park, Southampton including its estate management strategy.
- Sheffield City Council: Providing strategic advice to the council on the regeneration of what is believed to be the largest listed building in the UK (the Park Hill housing estate).
- London Borough of Barnet: Advising the council on its collaboration with private sector investors for the development of Millbrook Park near Mill Hill East tube station. Using a limited liability partnership structure, the scheme involves the construction of over 2,000 private homes and the delivery of a new two form primary school.