Chris is a Partner in the Corporate Team and Head of the Technology Sector.
Chris specialises in venture capital and mergers and acquisitions, advising a wide range of UK and international investment funds and growth companies. He has significant experience in European and U.S. cross-border investments and exits.
Chris is a non-executive director of Ruby Datum, a company providing next generation cloud data room and contract management services, and sits on several board advisory panels.
He is recognised in both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession.
- BGF Ventures: Advising on a syndicated £7 million Series B funding in Triptease, a SaaS business improving the online travel booking process.
- PleaseTech: Advising on the sale of PleaseTech Ltd, a leading software company specialising in collaborative authoring and document review, to Ideagen Plc.
- Currencycloud: Advising investors including Sapphire Ventures, Accomplice, Notion Capital, XAnge and Anthemis on a Series D investment in fintech payment platform, Currencycloud.
- Glow Digital Media: Advising on the sale of social media advertising business Glow Digital Media to Spanish adtech company ADTZ.
- NewVoiceMedia: Advising a syndicate of investors including Notion Capital, Eden Ventures and Highland Capital Partners on over $100 million of funding in NewVoiceMedia, a provider of cloud-based contact centre technology and services.
Readily Available Retail Technology
We can quickly conjure up the image of eager technology sales reps, enthusiastic about their company’s offering to transform our...
Robots and Retail in the US
Retail store Lowe’s has a robot at the door. The LoweBot greets customers and locates their intended purchases in the...
Biometrics and Retail
Biometrics are biological measurements – fingerprints, facial recognition and even certain demographics – used to identify us, and their impact...
Big and Small: A Refresher on...
Technology is the consumers’ conduit – we start with a mobile app for product research, jump to a price-comparison...
Location-Based Technology Finding its Feet
Shoppers are getting more used to the idea that when they visit that stylish high-street outerwear store with an urban...