Ceris is a Paralegal in the Trusts and Estates Team.
Ceris works in the Private Client team and her day to day responsibilities include the drafting of Wills and Codicils, as well as the preparation (and registration) of Lasting Powers of Attorney. Ceris also assists with the drafting and preparation of Trust documents, such as a Declaration of Trust. Linked to this, Ceris advises clients on how best they can achieve their wishes in relation to their property ownership. Ceris is able to advise on the clauses contained within these legal documents in a simple and jargon-free way. Finally, Ceris has a responsibility to assist with obtaining probate and is able to deal with estate administration.
Ceris joined Ashfords in 2016, having studied Law at Bournemouth University. She completed a placement year during her third year of university, during which she worked at two law firms gaining both legal and extensive administrative experience.
Ceris plays an active role in the firm's Charity of the Year Committee and helped with the recent success of the Ashfords Battle of the Bands 2017 which was run in aid of Alzheimer's Society. Ceris regularly attends and helps out at firm-wide seminars and events across all departments and enjoys meeting colleagues and clients in a range of fields. Finally, Ceris manages the firm's Retail twitter account providing its followers with regular retail updates supported by contemporary news articles.
- Private client: Assisting with the drafting of Wills and Codicils and meeting the varying demands of clients, ranging from requests for organ donation, specific cash legacies to charities and life-interest trusts for asset protection. Clients often remark that Ceris and her team are a pleasure to work with and they make the Will writing process 'pain-free' and 'easy'.
- Private client: Advising spouses in relation to the nil rate band and parents on how to benefit from the residence nil rate band, including how to incorporate these benefits under the terms of their Wills.
- Private client: Assisting with the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney for both Property and Financial Affairs and Health and Welfare and advising on the benefits of having a Lasting Power of Attorney in place, as well as the potential risks to be aware of.
- Private client: Assisting with the urgent revocation of a client's Lasting Power of Attorney due to disagreements amongst the attorneys which prevented them from acting in the donor's best interests.Following the revocation, arranging the preparation of a replacement Lasting Power of Attorney appointing members of Ashfords LLP as the attorneys, ensuring that the new Lasting Power of Attorney was quickly prepared for registration as it was urgently required to assist an elderly client who was no longer able to deal with her property and financial affairs herself.
- Private client: Assisting with obtaining probate, including advising in relation to any inheritance tax due from the estate. In addition to this, assisting with the estate administration in an organised and efficient way and advising clients on any additional steps to be taken to protect the estate from potential claims. Ceris is regularly thanked by clients for her 'very clear explanations' which support the clients during what can be a very difficult time.
Power of Attorney Registration Fee Refund...
If you registered a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) between April 2013 and March...