Ceris is a Paralegal in the Trusts and Estates Team.
Ceris works closely with John Toth, who is the Trusts and Estates Partner in the London office, to ensure the smooth running of the department. Ceris mostly assists with the drafting of Wills, Codicils and Lasting Powers of Attorney, but she also assists with the preparation of Trust documents such as a Declaration of Trust. Ceris also has a responsibility to assist with Probate matters.
Ceris graduated with a 2.1 Law Degree from Bournemouth University last year. She completed a placement year during her third year of university, during which she worked at two very different law firms, gaining both legal and extensive administrative experience.
- Private client: Assisting with the advice given to spouses in relation to the nil rate band, including how this amount is preserved.
- Private client: Assisting with the advice given to parents on how to benefit from the more recent residence nil rate band.
- Private clients: Assisting with the review of documents such as Family Trust documents.
- Private clients: Drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney of both types (Property and Financial Affairs and Health and Welfare).
- Private clients: Assisting with the drafting of Wills and meeting the varying demands of clients. For example, drafting Wills to include life-interest trusts for asset protection, such as interests in a company, or to provide for significant legacies to charities.