Brian is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. He specialises in property development and in the waste and energy sectors.
Brian leads a team dealing with commercial and mixed use development schemes and energy and waste related projects. His clients range from plcs such as Biffa Waste Services Limited to private companies and landowners.
Brian's team is currently advising on 8 major waste to energy projects across the country.
Brian advises developers on site assembly, estate planning and strategy, and construction, through to sale. His experience includes advising a developer on the development of 80 acres of land - a mixed use scheme (value in excess of £200 million).
Brian joined Ashfords in 1995 and became a Partner in 1997. He spent 8 years on the Board of Plymouth Chamber of Commerce - including four years as vice chairman.
Brian is the immediate past Chairman of Mind Exeter and East Devon.
Brian is currently writing the real estate chapter for a new Solar development handbook due to be published in April 2018.
- Cogen Limited: Advising Cogen Limited on a number of majorwaste to energy developments/projects including sites at: Ince Park in Merseyside; Hooton in Merseyside; former colliery site in Nottinghamshire; two former colliery sites in Yorkshire; Avonmouth; Plymouth and Birmingham.
- Developer: Advising a developer client on their major development of 110 acres of land - a mixed use scheme with a development value of more than £300 million.Currently advising on various disposals a tranche of housing development and a petrol filling station.
- Biffa Waste Services Limited: Advising on the disposal for restoration of a former landfill site.
- Biffa Waste Services Limited: Advising Biffa on numerous and varied land and property transactions including new MRF sites Waste transfer stations, depots and offices.
- Walker Developments: Advising Walker Developments on the estate structure, development of, and agreements for lease and lease of retail parks at: West Truro Retail Park; and Callywith Gate Retail Park.
Energy from Waste Partnership supporting Grass...
CoGen, a leading Advanced Gasification Waste to Energy company within the UK, and Ashfords LLP, a national law firm with...
Mental Health Awareness Talk with Channel...
Earlier this year, Channel 4 broadcast a documentary called 'The Stranger on the Bridge' about the true and inspirational story...