Ashley is a Trainee Solicitor in the Real Estate Team.
He assists the Real Estate Team with all aspects of transactional commercial property work, with a particular focus on leasehold and franchise work.
Ashley advises both landlord and tenant clients on the full spectrum of leasehold work. This includes the granting and taking of leases, lease renewals, assignments and sub-lettings. Ashley also has experience of dealing with the transfer of freehold property and has acted for a pension company in respect of property work with a SIPP and SSAS element.
Prior to practising law, Ashley worked in the insurance sector both in the UK and Australia, handling claims for Personal Injury and Professional Negligence on behalf of a range of insurers. Ashley has also worked as a contractor for a Financial Services provider advising on complaints relating to the mis-selling of financial products.
- Subway Realty Limited: Acting for Subway Realty Limited on the negotiation and taking of leases at new Subway store locations and advising Subway in respect of the subsequent disposal and purchase of stores by Subway franchisees.
- Subway franchisees: Advising Subway franchisees in respect of store purchases and disposals.
- Curtis Banks: Acting for this national SIPP and SSAS pension provider in respect of the grant of leases to tenants.
- Bicester Heritage: Acting for Bicester Heritage in respect of the grant of leases and lease renewals on its estate.
- Curtis Banks: Acting for Curtis Banks and a range of commercial lenders in the transfer of a large pension property portfolio.
Meet the Trainee - Ashley Davies
Read about our Trainee Ashley Davies - who talks through what life is like as a Trainee at Ashfords.