Andrew is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. Andrew specialises in leases of retail property and purchasing property for personal pension schemes (SIPPS) property.
Andrew has particular expertise in franchise work with a food and drink element and transactions for SIPP schemes. Key clients include the Subway food franchise and Curtis Banks. Andrew and his team are accredited by the British Franchise Association (BFA).
He advises clients on all aspects of due diligence including title review, commissioning and reporting on searches and reporting on title, as well as drafting, negotiating and agreeing all legal documents including agreements for lease, leases, licence for alterations, underleases and side letters. He advises clients in respect of units at all stages of development both new and old in respect of registered and unregistered land.
Prior to private practice, Andrew was a graduate trainee at Eagle Star Insurance and went on to head up a team of loss adjusters.
He is recognised as a leading figure in Real Estate by the Legal 500.
- Subway Realty Limited: Advising Subway for over 12 years in respect of site acquisitions throughout England and Wales across the full spectrum of retail locations including out of town retail developments, the high street, shopping centres, supermarkets, railway and London Underground stations and advises in respect of units at all stages of development both new and old in respect of registered and unregistered land.
- Subway franchisees: Advising Subway franchisees for over 12 years in respect of the purchase or sale of existing Subway stores.
- Curtis Banks: Advising Curtis Banks one of the UK's top 3 providers of Self Invested Personal Pension Schemes (SIPPS) in all aspects of property acquisition management and disposal for their member schemes.
- Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council: Advising the council regarding negotiating with a Foundation School to obtain possession and ownership of land at their North Campus.
- Private company: Advising a client on an Intra Group disposal of a commercial property portfolio with an approximate value of £17 million.
Law fair season for Ashfords
Throughout October and November, Ashfords is doing a national roadshow visiting and exhibiting at a number of law fairs across...
Process for the resale of a...
If a franchisee wants to sell its business, it will usually negotiate an asset sale with the proposed buyer.
Ashfords' Franchising Bulletin - June 2017
Welcome to the June editon of our Franchising Bulletin; a quarterly bulletin containing articles of particular interest to the Franchise...
Property Options - The Typical Choices
How business property is held in franchise relationships varies. Here property expert, Andrew Worley examines the advantages and disadvantages to...
Shaun the Sheep - Film Screening
On Friday, 26 June Ashfords LLP held a screening for the film, Shaun the Sheep at the MShed, Bristol for...