Andrew is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. Andrew specialises in leases of retail property and purchasing property for personal pension schemes (SIPP/SSAS) property.
Andrew has particular expertise in franchise work with a food and drink element and transactions for SIPP/SSAS schemes. Key clients include the Subway food franchise and Curtis Banks (personal pension trustees). Andrew and his team are accredited by the British Franchise Association (BFA).
He advises clients on all aspects of due diligence including title review, commissioning and reporting on searches and reporting on title, as well as drafting, negotiating and agreeing all legal documents including agreements for lease, leases, licence for alterations, underleases and side letters. He advises clients in respect of units at all stages of development both new and old in respect of registered and unregistered land.
Prior to private practice, Andrew was a graduate trainee at Eagle Star Insurance and went on to head up a team of loss adjusters.
He is recognised as a leading figure in Real Estate by the Legal 500.
- Subway Realty Limited: Advising Subway for over 13 years in respect of site acquisitions throughout England and Wales across the full spectrum of retail locations including out of town retail developments, the high street, shopping centres, supermarkets, railway and London Underground stations and advises in respect of units at all stages of development both new and old in respect of registered and unregistered land. To date Andrew has handled over 500 new Subway locations.
- Subway franchisees: Advising Subway franchisees for over 13 years in respect of the purchase or sale of existing Subway stores. To date Andrew has handled over 600 Subway store transfers.
- Curtis Banks: Advising Curtis Banks one of the UK's top 2 providers of Self Invested Personal Pension Schemes (SIPPS) and Small Self Administered Schemes (SSAS) in all aspects of property acquisition management and disposal for their member schemes.
- Private company: Advising a client on an Intra Group disposal of a commercial property portfolio with an approximate value of £17 million.
- Pension scheme provider: Advising a nationally regarded self-invested pension scheme provider in its relocation of its head office to new premises in the heart of Bristol's central business district.
Ashfords LLP unleashes sponsorship of Feathers...
National law firm Ashfords is thrilled to announce their support for this year's Gromit Unleashed 2 trail in Bristol.
Event: Top tips for office relocation...
National law firm Ashfords LLP is sponsoring an engaging event with Morton Property Consultants, which explores top tips for a...
Law fair season for Ashfords
Throughout October and November, Ashfords is doing a national roadshow visiting and exhibiting at a number of law fairs across...
Process for the resale of a...
If a franchisee wants to sell its business, it will usually negotiate an asset sale with the proposed buyer.
Ashfords' Franchising Bulletin - June 2017
Welcome to the June editon of our Franchising Bulletin; a quarterly bulletin containing articles of particular interest to the Franchise...