Andrew is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in development and regeneration projects.
Andrew frequently advises both private and public sector clients, dealing with the full range of real estate issues from site assembly, strategy, planning and construction, through to sale. He is renowned for his experience on complex and high value developments nationally.
Andrew worked for 10 years in local government before moving in to the private sector. He is recognised as a leading figure in Real Estate by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is well known in the market, specialising in development and regeneration projects. Clients find he "comes up with good clear, innovative solutions to problems."
- Mendip District Council: Advising the council on their strategically important leisure portfolio disposal. Andrew and his team advised on competitive disposal of 5 leisure centres including procurement, employment and pension issues by way of long leases and a concession contract. The scheme will help to eradicate a substantial funding deficit.
- KDR Limited and the Hawkins Trust: Advised the client on the Forder Valley development site. The work involved site assembly and disposal of a 900 unit site in Plymouth including the provision of a 100 acre Community Park and the removal of Defence Estates overage.
- CG Fry & Son: Acting for the client in relation to a consortium of landowners/promoters and developers promoting a 2000+ dwellings extension to Southern Gillingham.
- Homes and Communities Agency: Advising on funding for major infrastructure work in Cranbrook, the self-sufficient, low carbon new community near Exeter.
- Duchy of Cornwall: Advising on development documentation with the Duchy of Cornwall for the consortium of developers that are undertaking the 4,000 home development of the Newquay Growth Area.