Andrew is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution Team dealing with disputes relating to commercial contracts, shareholder litigation and professional negligence claims.
Andrew works in 3 key fields, Commercial Contract Disputes (particularly those relating to franchising, distribution and agency), Shareholder Litigation (acting for shareholders, investors and companies) and Professional Negligence claims against Solicitors and Accountants (with a particular emphasis on tax related claims).
Andrew has very significant experience of seeking and opposing the grant of injunctions including Search Orders, Freezing Orders, Confidentiality Orders and the enforcement of restrictions in franchise agreements and commercial contracts.
An accredited mediator, Andrew is highlighted by industry guides as a leading dispute lawyer, representing a range of clients from owner managed businesses through to national companies and public sector bodies. His work in the franchising world is recognised nationally and he has led a number of group actions by franchisees, as well as acting for a significant number of UK and overseas based franchisors. He regularly has articles published by the British Franchise Association.
Andrew has been recognised as a leading practitioner by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession for a number of years and is praised for his “commerciality” and ability to find “practical solutions to client's problems”.
- Franchisees: Leading group action for 18 franchisees engaged in high street outlets of international franchise.
- Private company: Pursuing and defending proceedings pursuant to section 994 Companies Act (Minority Protection).
- Franchisees: Leading group action on behalf of franchisees of healthcare franchise.
- Various clients: Working on numerous professional negligence actions against solicitors, accountants and surveyors.
- Private company: Enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions contained in franchise agreement through injunction proceedings.
Guide to Injunctions
An injunction is a Court order which orders a company or person to stop doing (called a "prohibitory injunction") or...
Top UK Franchise Lawyers Profiled
Andrew Perkins, Head of Ashfords' Franchising Team, has been recognised in this list for his experience and expertise in franchise...
The Renewed Strength of the Franchise
As the economy grows at its slowest pace since 2009, it may seem like a tricky time to set up...
Restrictive Covenants - When to enforce...
Virtually all franchise agreements contain restrictive covenants but when a franchisee breaches them, a franchisor has to decide whether to...
Why do Franchise Disputes Arise?
A surprising number of franchise relationships can end in dispute. Franchise Dispute Lawyer Andrew Perkins asks why this happens and...