Amy is a solicitor in the Property Litigation Team.
She specialises in a variety of property and housing-related matters for both public and private clients. Amy has experience in possession claims, injunctions, claims against trespassers and claims for damages for disrepair and breach of repairing obligations. Amy also acts for private clients in relation to boundary disputes, disputes relating to easements, restrictive covenants, adverse possession claims and trespass and nuisance claims.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Amy trained and worked as a solicitor at a local law firm where she advised private clients, and private companies in relation to a variety of contentious matters.
Amy is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Law Society Junior Lawyers Division.
- Acting for registered provider in relation to stand alone disrepair claims, and complex disrepair counterclaims in rent possession proceedings.
- Advising registered provider on injunctive proceedings in order to gain access to a property to carry out necessary and substantial remedial works.
- Advising registered provider in respect of all Social Housing issues, including service of notices.
- Advising a public body in relation to an unlawful assignment of a commercial lease and associated matters, including service of section 17 notices.
- Advising a statutory undertaker in relation to a claim for nuisance and trespass as a result of works which they had carried out.
- Advising a private client in relation to the lease of airspace following the dissolution of the lessee company.