Warren is a Partner in the Property Litigation Team.
Warren is experienced in rural property disputes, and over the years has acted for a number of landed estates, rural property owners, and farmers. Warren is a pragmatic and solutions focused lawyer. He has an excellent track record in resolving Real Estate disputes, including negotiations, numerous mediations, and when necessary at trial Warren is also a regular RICS guest speaker, including an RICS boundaries panel event held at the RICS’ Parliament Square London HQ.
Prior to joining Ashfords Warren headed up the Property Litigation team and Commercial Property department at Thrings LLP.
- Hampshire Landowners – acting for private individuals in relation a dispute over the route and location of a lengthy woodland ROW in rural Hampshire (successful at trial in the Winchester County Court)
- Gloucestershire Farm – acting for a farmer in relation to a boundary dispute in Toddington. The case turned on historic plans and photos (successful at trial in the Gloucester County Court)
- Somerset landowners / equestrian – acting for private individuals on a boundary dispute relevant to their equine interests that turned on the hedge and ditch presumption (Alan Wibberley Building Ltd v Insley 1999); historic plans and other documents also in issue (successful at trial in the Bristol County Court)
- Somerset Farmer – acting for a farmer in relation to a prescriptive ROW across the client’s land where the speed of neighbouring farmers vehicles / intensity of use / H&S / CROW and public ROW were all in issue (successful at mediation immediately prior to trial)
- Acting for a Berkshire Landed Estate in relation to a dispute over the interpretation of a contract for mineral extraction.
- Somerset Landowner – acting for a private individual in relation to adjoining agricultural land in Somerset, involving boundary / access issues that were key to releasing the development value of neighbouring land (settled at mediation just prior to trial).
Warren has such a breadth and depth of experience that he can bring insight into situations which one wouldn't ordinarily expect to encounter.
Chambers 2021, also Legal 500 recommended lawyer