Warren is a partner in the Property Litigation team. Warren has an excellent track record in resolving Real Estate disputes, including negotiations, numerous mediations, and when necessary at trial.
Warren’s expertise is in lease advisory work, including lease renewals, landlord and tenant covenant issues, property exit strategies, dilapidations, rent review, break options, alienation, alterations and insolvency; also in real property disputes including rights of way, boundary issues, restrictive covenants and access to neighbouring land. Warren is a pragmatic and solutions focused lawyer, acting for landlords and tenants with national portfolios, developers, charities, and clients in the healthcare, technology, retail, public, and rural land sectors.
Prior to joining Ashfords Warren headed up the Property Litigation team and Commercial Property department at Thrings LLP.
Warren is a member of the Property Litigation Association, a regular RICS guest speaker (London and the SW), and a trustee of Dorothy House Hospice Care.
- Warren acts for Brandon Trust, including advice in relation to an operational property that had been owned for many years with complex ownership/repairing liability issues, security of tenure issues, title questions and concerns, landlords and tenant issues, and exploring the development potential of the property generally.
- St John’s Foundation: Est 1174. Acted for the Charity and its trustees on its substantial, high value, commercial and residential property investment portfolio for nearly 20 years; to include several court trials, professional mediations, unlawful assignment issues, complex dilapidation issues and scenarios, development and rights of access issues, fire escapes, business lease renewals, tenant insolvencies, rent review issues, rent deposit and other securities, unlawful alterations, lease interpretation questions, and issues concerning derogation from grant.
- Acted for Cotswold Lakes Trust and providing extensive and general property advice over 10 years, to include complex landlord and tenant issues, demise issues, access concerns, development land, the interpretation of leases, rent arrears, parking issues, land options, and repairing / alteration issues. Attending AGM’s, and also annual review meetings in order assist the Charity to plan its property requirements in the year ahead.
- Mr Willats’ Charity. Advising the Charity and the Clerk to the Trustees over many years on its mixed commercial and residential property investment portfolio, to include lease renewals, dilapidations, title issues, tenant’s breaches of covenant, high street tenant insolvency, repossessions, lease interpretation issues, high value contested rent reviews, and rent arrears.
- Dorothy House Hospice Care: Advised the charity over a number of years on its high street retail and operational property portfolio to include lease renewals, dilapidation issues, assignment, exit strategies, and concessionary rental agreements.
Warren has such a breadth and depth of experience that he can bring insight into situations which one wouldn't ordinarily expect to encounter.
Chambers 2021, also Legal 500 recommended lawyer