Tom advises on a wide range of development disputes, contentious landlord and tenant matters and other property related litigation including service charge disputes, possession claims, lease renewals, forfeiture, dilapidations, breach of covenant, leasehold enfranchisement, rights to light, telecommunications code disputes and other matters.
Prior to working at Ashfords, Tom practiced at another large firm and gained experience working as an in-house solicitor. In particular, he has experience working in-house at a major UK PLC with a substantial property portfolio, advising on all property related issues.
Tom achieved an LLB from the University of Manchester and completed the Legal Practice Course at Kaplan Law School.
- Commercial property company: Advising on the defence of a £multi-million claim for sums due under the insurance provisions of a lease.
- Local authority: Acting in a series of possession claims, including in a claim against trespassers regarding a large non-residential property.
- Commercial property developer: Advising in relation to a claim for breach of contractual and fiduciary duties arising from an agency agreement.
- Bar and restaurant business: Advising in relation to the attempted forfeiture of a lease by peaceable re-entry by the landlord and in respect of relief.
- Major UK PLC: Advising on a substantial terminal dilapidations claim.
- Commercial property developer: Advising on opposed lease renewal proceedings under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 on redevelopment grounds.
- Registered provider of social housing: Advising on various issues related with shared ownership leases, in advance of the sale of a large property portfolio.
- Insurance company: Advising on rights to light claims.
- Major UK PLC: Advising on a series of adverse possession claims.
- Insurance company: Advising on disputes with other telecommunications providers relating to the old Electronic Communications Code.