Tom is an SRA regulated Partner in the Trusts and Estates Team. Tom has been qualified for 11 years.
Tom acts for a number of wealthy families and individuals advising them on all aspects of private client work including Wills, Powers of Attorney, Estate Administration and Court of Protection applications. Tom has an agricultural background and has a particular specialism in Estate Planning for farmers and landed individuals dealing with Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property Relief queries.
Tom is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). He has been recognised as a notable practitioner by the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession 2019 and is praised for "excellent lead", "strong reputation", "calm and thorough, and has a good understanding of farming issues", "fast, efficient, and knowledgeable with a customer-friendly approach", "entirely professional but client friendly."
- Private client: Advising a family with significant agricultural land holdings and a large property development business. This included advising on capacity issues and IHT reliefs.
- Private clients: Acting for national lottery winners (resulting from the firm's appointment to the Camelot panel), advising them on wills, LPAs, lifetime tax planning, property transactions and the creation and administration of discretionary trusts.
- Private clients: Advising executors/trustees on the options available in relation to nil rate band discretionary trusts, including 'busting' the trusts, appointing the fund on life-interest trusts or retaining discretionary trusts for asset protection and safeguarding for the next generation.
- Private clients: Acting for a number of farming and business clients including reviewing their existing business structures, wills and successions plans, then working closely with their accountants to utilise available reliefs and implement changes to safeguard the success of the business for the next generation.
- Private clients: Acting for executors in the administration of a large number of non-taxable and taxable estates.
He's got an excellent attention to detail, in particular with reference to the impact the regulators can have.