Stephen is a Legal Director in the Dispute Resolution Team. Stephen has dealt with a wide range of civil litigation matters since 1990.
He advises private individuals, sole traders and small/medium enterprises in relation to civil litigation matters including misrepresentation/estoppel, breach of contract, defamation, debt recovery, professional negligence and high value personal injury cases.
Prior to joining Ashfords Stephen worked for the TSB Group, specialising in lease finance for national car dealerships and big ticket items such as aircraft.
Stephen has been described by the Legal 500 as reliable and providing a high quality service and excellent value for money.
- Private individual: Acting for a brain injured child in respect of injuries sustained in a road traffic accident and recovering damages well in excess of £4,000,000.
- Private company: Acting for a company in complex arbitration proceedings and achieving a recovery of £560,000.
- Private company: Acting for a farming business and successfully defending complex proceedings relating to the enforceability of a mortgage made by a secondary lender.
- Pharmaceutical consultancy: Acting for the client in a claim for professional negligence claim against a regional firm of accountants, recovering a substantial sum in damages.
- Private individuals: Acting for a number of clients in the Court of Protection who have received multi-million pound settlements.
"Thank you so much for all your wonderful advice, guidance and kindness during the last two and a half years. We couldn't have done it without you. It has been a most distressing and sad time and thank goodness it is now all finished. Huge thanks and kind regards."
I was still a little shell shocked when I spoke to you yesterday evening. Do you realise, that, if this becomes a reality, you will have completely changed Olivia’s and my life. In a way, Dr Bickerton, gave us the determination to find out what Olivia’s special problem was. I can’t believe how much we have learned. It has been a collaborative effort, but we all stuck together eventually and look what might be achieved. Thank you for not throwing up your hands. I was so worried that after years and years of this you might. Let’s hope all goes well in the next few weeks. Thank you so much Stephen.