Sarah is an experienced commercial, technology and media lawyer. She handles complex technology and digital media work for both domestic and international clients.
Sarah has specific digital media experience in marketing and advertising, adtech, the licensing and monetisation of data and converged technology and media. Her clients include leading online publishers, solutions suppliers, digital marketing agencies and data providers both within the UK and across multiple jurisdictions. Sarah is at the forefront of developments in digital marketing, particularly data protection and e-privacy, leading seminars and writing articles for both internal and external publications.
Sarah’s general commercial work is extremely varied and ranges from advising on agreements for the supply of goods and services, supply chain arrangements such as distribution and agency agreements through to more complex franchise and joint venture arrangements often with a cross border element.
Sarah has frequently been recommended in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and has been quoted by Legal500 as a “digital expert”.
In the just published edition of Legal 500 Sarah Williamson is noted for her experience in the digital, publishing, communications and advertising sectors.
- Media Company: Providing an outsourced legal service on a wide range of commercial and media related matters including sponsorship and promotional agreements; licensing of SaaS solutions; printing, fulfilment and distribution agreements; creative agency agreements and adtech agreements.
- Insight, Marketing and Communications Group: Providing legal support for numerous agencies working with blue chip global clients on effective marketing communications strategies and PR campaigns. Sarah has worked on a variety of agreements and campaigns with mobile phone operators, media companies and retailers. Specific work includes agreements with brand influencers, social media campaigns, artist participation agreements with music artists and associated agreements with record labels and publishers, master agreements for digital marketing services including creative services, SEO and website hosting.
- Leading global provider of marketing solutions with over 500 marketing agencies worldwide: Providing advice to the procurement team including agreements with mobile phone companies.
- Ecommerce Retailer: Advising major US online retailer on its consumer terms & conditions, supplier agreements and pricing practices across its website.
- CRM provider: Advising provider of CRM and marketing automation solutions on GDPR compliance and drafting its master services agreement.