Sarah is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in investment portfolio management, commercial leasehold grant and renewal, small business transfers, social housing development and corporate support.
Sarah's experience includes letting negotiations with major high street retailers for a range of shops and other outlets and portfolio re-financing. Sarah also deals with options and conditional contracts in relation to the sale of land for development.
On projects for affordable housing Sarah advises on golden brick and development agreements and other grant funding and related matters. On business transfers she is able draw on support from our Corporate and Employment Teams as and when required. Sarah also assists our Corporate Team with the property aspects of asset or share sale matters. Sarah also acts for SIPP investors, with or without lender finance.
Sarah has wide industry experience gained both in several private practice firms in London and the west country and in-house for the Government Property Lawyers and the BBC.
In dealing with disputed lease renewals and other property related disagreements Sarah is able to call on strong support from our Property Litigation Team.
- Major local housing association: Advising on a Conditional Contract acquisition by way of sub-sale of 2 adjacent parcels of land with Development Agreement and Transfer (20 affordable units).Also acquisition of 16 units for affordable rent on another site for an associated housing association - Golden Brick Agreement and Development Agreement.
- Landowner: Advising on second Option Agreement for further development land with ransom strips and retained land and access rights reserved in three directions for possible further development.
- Private company: Acting for the company and its lender on the re-finance of a portfolio of 10 residentialinvestment properties including arranging for three service occupancy leases to be re-cast as contracted out leases and title indemnity insurance as required.
- Private company: Acting for investors via SPV acquiring house and grounds with barns for redevelopment including advice on SDLT issues.
- Private company: Acting for building company on the acquisition of some local authority land including farmhouse and outbuildings for development. Negotiating change from accepted unconditional tender to contract conditional on planning andincluding various other additional terms including clearance of plant infestation, re-location of electricity supply and construction of shared drainage provision.