Sam is a Trainee Solicitor in the Property Litigation Team.
Sam joined Ashfords in September 2017 and this is his fourth seat having completed training in the Construction, Commercial Property and Commercial Litigation teams.
He is also the 2017/18 National Representative of the Devon and Somerset Junior Lawyer Division, representing junior lawyers from LPC level up to 5 years PQE at the Law Society tri-annually.
Sam studied Politics at King's College London before completing the GDL at Cardiff University and the LPC at Cardiff University.
- National retailer: Attending the Court of Appeal and assisting the Property Litigation team in the successful defence of a misrepresentation ruling in First Tower Trustees Ltd v CDS (Superstores International) Ltd (2018)
- Commercial property company: Advising on the defence of a £multi-million claim for sums due under the insurance provisions of a lease.
- Local authority: Acting in a series of possession claims, including in a claim against trespassers regarding a large non-residential property.
- Commercial property developer: Advising in relation to a claim for breach of contractual and fiduciary duties arising from an agency agreement.
- Bar and restaurant business: Advising in relation to the attempted forfeiture of a lease by peaceable re-entry by the landlord and in respect of relief.