Trainee Legal Executive
Sam is a Trainee Legal Executive in the Dispute Resolution Team.
Sam assists the team in advising on a range of commercial claims, including disputes in the Small Claims Court, County Court and High Court. He primarily assists the Dispute Resolution Team in medical negligence claims.
Sam has completed the LPC and also been awarded a Master’s degree in Law, Business and Management by the University of Law in 2017; receiving a commendation mark in both. Prior to this, Sam read law at Nottingham Law School being awarded an Upper Second Class degree with honours. Sam is a Graduate member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and is looking to qualify as a Chartered Legal Executive in the near future.
- Guernsey based pension scheme: Assisting Leading Partner in acting for the pension scheme in claims for the recovery of pension assets of £1 million - successful at trial (November 2016).
- Commercial Private Client – Advising and representing a local family limited company and successfully bringing a claim for damages for breach of contract against a defendant trust located in Scotland – successful at summary assessment then successfully responded to defendant’s application to amend judgment.
- Various commercial organisations: Advising and representing leading national commercial organisations on debt recovery matters, including advising on general issues relating to debt claims, procedure, associated costs and risk, drafting letters before action and court proceedings.
- Private Client – General advising and representing of local companies, partnerships and sole traders in matters of procedure, associated costs and risk, drafting letters before action and court proceedings.
- Private Client – General advising and representing individuals in consumer rights matters; including procedure, associated costs and risk, drafting letters before action and court proceedings.