Chartered Legal Executive
Sadie is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Construction & Infrastructure Team.
Sadie deals with both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Sadie assists on various non-contentious matters including the drafting and reviewing of various contract documentation including standard form contracts, consultant’s appointments and collateral warranties.
Sadie also provides day to day assistance on various contentious matters ranging from debt recovery claims to assisting with complex large-scale proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and has experience and adjudications, including attendance at a 3-day adjudication hearing. Prior to joining the Construction and Infrastructure Team in June 2015, Sadie spent over 2 years in the Property Litigation Team at Ashfords.
- Local authority: Drafting various documents including a novation agreement and template NEC Contract.
- Private Client: Drafting and reviewing construction documentation for new build student accommodation works.
- Funders: Drafting and advising upon security documentation (including the underlying contract documents) and providing legal opinions as to the validity and enforceability of security documentation.
- Contractor: Reviewing and advising on various draft construction contracts including amendments to NEC and JCT contracts.
- Devon County Council: Assisting with a multi-million pound defects claim, including reviewing a number of documents as part of a large-scale disclosure exercise involving thousands of electronic documents.