Ruth is a Partner and Head of the Energy & Waste Sector. Ruth has significant experience advising funders, Authorities, SPVs and Contractors in a variety of projects with a particular focus on energy schemes.
Ruth has been a projects lawyer for over 15 years, she trained and qualified at Wragge & Co before joining Ashfords in 2005. Ruth is particularly skilled in leading the cross disciplinary team required for the successful delivery of any major project, Ruth's own expertise includes EPC Contracts, O&M Contracts and other commercial agreements. Ruth's particular expertise lies in the Energy & Waste sector where she regularly advises developers and sponsors on a range of different technologies.
Ruth is Head of the Energy & Waste Sector Team which supports a range of clients across a broad range of technology types including gasification, anaerobic digestion, solar, hydro, STOR, battery storage and waste treatment plants.
Ruth also leads the cross-disciplinary team at Ashfords advising clients involved in any aspect of the supply chain of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power station in Somerset.
- Serbia Waste PPP: Advising a Urbaser S.A and Meridiam on all aspects of its bid for a municipal waste project in Belgrade. This advice includes negotiating Project Agreement risk allocation items, heat offtake agreement and PPA.
- Funders: Advising two funders on contract disputes with EPC Contractor's in relation to renewable projects.
- Developer: Acting for the developer on the funding and contract structuring of its 2mw equivalent gas to grid AD project.
- Pension fund: Acting for a pension fund on the development of a large biomass gasification plant in the South of England.
- Somerset Larder: Acting as sole legal services providers for the main catering contractor for Hinkley Point C.