Ruth is an Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team, she deals with both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Ruth acts for a range of clients including high net worth individuals, developers, local authorities, contractors, banks and joint venture entities.
Ruth advises on a variety of construction documents including bespoke and standard forms of construction contracts, consultants' appointments, collateral warranties, deeds of novation, bonds and guarantees. Her dispute resolution experience includes assisting with pre-action negotiations and Court proceedings and in particular advising a local authority in connection with a claim relating to asbestos containing materials.
- Public sector client: Advising in respect of bespoke construction contracts (based on NEC3 Term Service Contract) relating to the provision of highway works which were to be novated to the joint venture and drafting the associated deed of novation and side letter by deed regarding indemnity provisions.
- SME residential developer: Advising a developer specialising in new build homes and drafting a bespoke suite of contractual documentation including the building contract (based on JCT Design and Build 2011), company guarantee, performance bond, deeds of novation and collateral warranties.
- Off shore investment company: Assisting with the preparation of a construction contract based on the EAIA Building Contract and JCT Design & Build for a high-end hotel development in Africa.
- London Borough Council: Advising the employer in respect of a dispute relating to asbestos containing materials at a school.
- Private individual: Acting for a defendant employer in high court proceedings in respect of an alleged breach of contract where there is no contract between the claimant and defendant.