Robert is a Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation Team, within the Dispute Resolution department.
Robert advises on a range of commercial contract disputes, particularly those relating to the supply and distribution of goods and services. He also advises on shareholder and partnership disputes, and commercial finance, investment and joint ventures.
After attaining his MSc in Criminal Justice, Robert worked in the public sector within corporate and strategic development. He then undertook a successful career as a Police Detective in the south east region before deciding to move into the legal profession. Robert completed his academic legal training attaining a Master of Laws (LLM), together with gaining solid experience at an international law firm in the City of London, primarily engaged in contentious commercial and corporate matters. Robert trained at a regional law firm before joining Ashfords.
- National Construction Company: Advising on breach of contracts under a Private Finance Initiative with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Regional Commercial Electrical Firm: Assisting in full recovery of debts owed on behalf of a large national building and construction merchant.
- International Importer: Advising on disputes with directors regarding breach of director duties and unfair prejudice claim.
- Property Investment Company: Assisting on defence of claim of breach of directors duties involving complex estates.
- Commercial Landlord: Advising on breach of covenants and enforcement of guarantor agreement.