Rachel is a Solicitor in the Employment Team. She advises corporate and individual clients on a wide range of employment law matters. Rachel joined Ashfords in 2015 and has been qualified for 1 year.
As a solicitor in the Employment Team, Rachel acts for a range of clients in relation to a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters, including claims of unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistle blowing.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Rachel carried out Pro Bono work for the National Centre for Domestic Violence and for a Family Law Advice Clinic.
- Various clients: Assisting in acting for Claimants and Respondents bringing and defending claims brought in the Employment Tribunal.
- Various clients: Assisting in advising businesses in developing clear and compliant employment contracts and HR policies.
- Various clients: Advising businesses on how to handle day-to-day employment issues that arise, including issues relating to sickness, performance, capability and changes to contractual terms.
- Various clients: Guiding businesses through their use of disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Various clients: Advising individuals on the terms and effect of Settlement Agreements presented to them by their employers, including negotiation of the terms offered.