Paul is a Partner and heads up the Property Litigation Team in London. He specialises in contentious property disputes and provides strategic advice to real estate clients.
Paul has particular expertise in dealing with rent reviews, dilapidations claims, boundary disputes, lease renewals, Party Wall matters, rights to light disputes and professional negligence claims relating to property. His wide client base includes property companies, property funds, retailers, leisure operators, banks, pension funds and entrepreneurs.
He is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the London Litigation Solicitors Association and regularly lectures in all aspects of property law. Paul runs regular seminars at Ashfords on a wide range of real estate linked topics.
Paul is recognised as a leader in his field by Chambers & Partners and is described as "excellent, calm and pragmatic" in the latest edition of Legal 500.
- Landlord: Advising a landlord in relation to disrepair and obtaining vacant possession following further proceedings.
- Private company: Advising a client in relation to negligent service received by their managing agents, in particular with regard to recovery of service charges and the management of the premises.
- Private company: Advising a client on the removal of 20 tenants from a development site and obtaining vacant possession following court proceedings.
- Private individual: Advising on a complex Party Wall dispute for a City of London Freeholder, including settling the dispute at mediation.
- Private individual: Acting in a rent review dispute for a Central London Freeholder where the extent of the tenant's demise was in dispute.
Excellent, calm and pragmatic
Latest edition of Legal 500