Trainee Legal Executive
Olivia is a Trainee Legal Executive in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team. She advises insolvency practitioners undertaking both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Prior to joining Ashfords in 2011, Olivia graduated from the University of the West of England with a degree in Law. Olivia is currently studying to become a Chartered Legal Executive.
- Private client: Assisting in advising the Trustee in Bankruptcy of a bankrupt who had been living with his allegedly estranged wife for 13 years following their 'separation'. The Bankrupt's wife had purchased a property in her sole name, with no income and the Bankrupt acting as guarantor for the mortgage. We were successful in obtaining a significant beneficial interest in the property for the benefit of creditors.
- Private client: Assisting in advising the Trustee in Bankruptcy in relation to a bankrupt who had judgments against him of over $3m for defrauding a variety of businesses.
- Private client: Advising the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, in relation to a claim from the Trustee of a deceased insolvent estate. The Trustee was seeking to recover the entire net proceeds of the policy, but this amount far exceeded the amount required to pay creditors in full, and so arguments were raised that our client should only repay the amount required to return the estate to solvency.
- Private client: Advising a bankrupt in relation to the Trustee's possession and sale application, the extent to which exceptional circumstances could apply, and his options in buying out the Trustee's interest.
- Various clients: Appearing in Court, in particular for petitioning creditors, in Winding Up Petitions and Bankruptcy Petitions.