Nicola is a Partner in the Corporate Team specialising in corporate tax.
Nicola advises on all aspects of corporate and commercial tax, including in connection with mergers and acquisitions, group reorganisations, finance and banking, real estate transactions, cross border and employment taxes.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Nicola trained and worked at Burges Salmon LLP for a number of years. She has also worked at KPMG and Clyde & Co in the City.
Nicola is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and a qualified Chartered Tax Adviser.
- Comapi group: Acting on the sale of the companies to DotDigital plc, including advice in connection with the exercise of EMI and CSOP options and in relation to the carry forward of corporation tax losses.
- Local authority: Advising on various tax matters in connection with the acquisition of a number of investment properties, including capital allowances (s198 elections); VAT and the capital goods scheme; and SDLT.
- Private company: Acting for management and the vendor PE house on the secondary buyout of a national hospitality chain, for c.£140million.
- French banking client: Advising the banking client on international cash pooling arrangements, including in relation to transfer pricing and withholding tax.
- Private company: Advising the selling shareholders of an international entertainment group on a proposed earn out and the application of entrepreneurs’ relief.