Miriam is a Solicitor in the Construction and Infrastructure team and deals with a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Miriam advises on all construction aspects of projects across a variety of sectors and has in depth knowledge of the standard forms of construction contracts such as JCT and NEC together with performance bonds, parent company guarantees and collateral warranties. She works for a range of clients in the sector such as developers, local authorities and public bodies.
Before joining Ashfords, Miriam worked in commercial litigation, focusing mainly on construction disputes and dealt with a wide range of high value and complex contractual disputes for both claimants and defendants.
Due to her previous experience in litigation, Miriam is able to identify potential risks that may arise between parties in construction projects, enabling her to manage those risks when drafting and negotiating construction contracts.
- Contractor: Advising various contractors on the effect of bespoke amendments to standard form building contracts.
- Contractor: reviewing and advising on contract documents during tender process for maintenance, repair and/or refurbishment works, in particular, highlighting any particularly onerous or significant provisions to assist the client with its bidding process.
- Contractor and Sub-Contractor: Drafting, negotiating and advising on bespoke and standard forms of construction contracts including sub-contracts.
- Employer and Contractor: Drafting template notices such as payment and pay less notices, together with notices of intention to suspend, partial possession, sectional completion and delay events for bespoke and standard forms of building contracts.
- Supplier: Advising on a high value dispute regarding an extension of time and loss and expense claim, including a counterclaim for delay damages.
- Local Council: Advising and drafting notices of termination as a result of a winding up petition being filed against the Contractor.