Michael is an Associate in the Property Litigation team.
Michael has experience in a broad range of contentious property matters. He regularly advises on disputes relating to infrastructure projects, residential developments, conservation property, offices, manufacturing sites and retail space. As well as traditional court proceedings, Michael is frequently involved in mediations, arbitrations and other forms of dispute resolution.
Prior to studying law, Michael completed a business degree at a leading university and also spent time working in industry. As a result, he is quick to grasp the commercial context of a dispute and tailor his advice accordingly.
Michael is also regularly commended for giving clear and pragmatic legal advice. He is tenacious, determined and always does his utmost to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients.
- Retail/office occupier: Advising a client that was served with a dilapidations bill for approximately £500,000 and successfully arguing that their liability was £0.
- National conservation charity: Dealing with High Court proceedings brought by a petro-chemical company that wanted to compulsorily acquire rights over a park that has approximately 1,000,000 visitors each year.
- Private individual: Resolving a boundary dispute for a private client whose property was being encroached on by a national supermarket chain. The settlement included a substantial payment being made to the client.
- Property developer: Assisting with High Court proceedings in relation to a dispute over the terms of a ten year collaboration agreement concerning land worth circa £12 million, including the successful defence of an expedited summary judgment application.
- Major infrastructure provider: Securing vacant possession of a strategic site and urgently disposing of lease renewal proceedings brought by one of the tenants.