Melissa is a Solicitor in the Public Sector Team.
Melissa has worked on a variety of matters for both private and public sector clients. Melissa has provided advice on a wide range of matters and her work has included drafting State aid reports, procurement documentation and advising on the establishment of housing development companies.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Melissa worked as a Paralegal in a Devon based firm working within the Commercial Property department.
- Local Authority: Advising the council in relation to its establishment of a wholly owned housing development company. Our instructions cover all elements of the legal work required to bring this project to fruition, including project structuring, options appraisals, procurement advice, State aid, governance, vires, local authority finance structures, application of the right to buy, high value voids and housing management.
- London Borough: Assisting in providing legal advice to a London Borough for the establishment of corporate groups of companies tasked with developing/constructing social and market housing and managing social and affordable housing for its housing delivery venture. This will include reviewing and amending drafts of key documents in order to highlight any major issues, in addition to providing legal advice in respect of procurement, corporate governance and State aid.
- Local Authority: Assisting in providing legal advice to the Authority in its acquisition of shares from a private sector joint venture partner in a waste company.
- Large Customer Service and Retail Company: Advising a service facility provider on a wide range of procurement queries and providing general procurement support.
- Large Customer Service and Retail Company: Advising a service facility provider on the application of the Public Contract Regulations 2015 in respect of the award of a number of contracts. This has included drafting procurement risk reports on the application of Regulation 72 (Modifications of Contracts during their Term), Regulation 32 (Use of the Negotiated Procedure without Prior Publication), Chapter 8 (Below Threshold Procurements) and the rules relating to various CCS Frameworks.