Melinda is an Associate in the Commercial Team.
Melinda has gained a breadth of experience advising clients on both contentious and non-contentious commercial and associated intellectual property issues affecting their industry sector. Representative experience includes drafting and negotiating agreements to document various commercial transactions such as for the supply and distribution of goods & services, advertising and marketing contracts, IP licences, non-disclosure agreements, online terms & conditions, as well as agency and other collaborative and bespoke contracts. Melinda has advised clients across multiple industry sectors including retail, sports, leisure, media and advertising.
Prior to joining Ashfords LLP in Bristol, Melinda trained and qualified with a US law firm in London, during which time she undertook a client secondment to one of the world’s largest live music and entertainment companies. Melinda continued to build on her industry experience, spending three years working within the legal department of a global luxury diamond jewellery business. As a result of her time spent in-house, Melinda has developed a particular interest in advising clients within the retail sector.
- Renowned global luxury diamond jewellery brand: Advising on various commercial and intellectual property issues, focussing in particular on providing commercial and intellectual property support to the design, branding and marketing functions.
- Global live music & entertainment company: Providing general commercial law support such as drafting and negotiating various contractual arrangements including sponsorship, co-production, services and venue-hire agreements during the course of a client secondment.
- Leader within European car-hire industry: Advised on an international trade mark infringement dispute, assisting primarily with proceedings brought before the UK High Court.
- Premier League football club: Providing on-going intellectual property protection and enforcement advice as well as drafting and negotiating agency, sponsorship and player contracts.
- Global brand within food and catering industry: Providing commercial law support in connection to the refranchising of this brand, which included various share sales to other owners within the global restaurant industry.