Partner and Chair
Mark is a Partner and Chair of Ashfords. He has over thirty years of commercial contract and technology law experience. Mark advises clients on commercial relationships of all kinds including international distribution and agency agreements, research collaborations, technology transfers, licences, multi-party joint ventures (including governance), on acquiring, disposing, defending, enforcing and licensing rights such as patents, copyright, designs, databases, and trademarks, and protecting technical, commercial and personal information.
His work often involves working with lawyers in other countries on both inbound and outbound legal projects. He regularly works with lawyers in the USA and has in depth knowledge of the legal regulatory and commercial issues in bringing products to the market.
Mark has been recognised by Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession as someone who "approaches things from a business perspective as well as a legal perspective, and he provides both strategic and tactical advice and guidance, something business owners truly need."
Mark is Chair of Ashfords’ Governance Board. Outside of work he is a charity trustee and currently the Chair of the Ocean Conservation Trust.
- Advising food industry companies on food processing technology cases.
- Advising medical technology companies, active in diverse markets including in-vitro fertilization media, Covid and CRP blood testing technologies, CPAP device cleansing technology and novel PPE equipment.
- Advising clients on ethical trading policies.
- Advising payment service providers on their regulated contracts with financial institutions.
- Acting as Client Partner for the luxury English fragrance house Penhaligon's Limited, our work includes management of its global portfolio of trademarks.
- Acting as client partner for Fontaine Limited the owner of the luxury fragrance brand Creed, our work includes management of its global portfolio of trademarks.
- Advising water sensor technology company Valeport Limited on research and development collaborations.
A superstar among stars who approaches issues from both a business and legal perspective.
Legal 500 2018