Marjorie is an Associate in the Property Litigation Team with vast experience in dealing with a wide range of contentious commercial and residential property matters.
Marjorie acts for both residential and commercial landlord and tenant clients as well as local authorities, registered providers of social housing and banking clients in relation to a wide range of contentious property matters, including breach of covenant and forfeiture, service charge recovery and disputes, contentious lease renewals, enfranchisement and lease extension claims and property related professional negligence.
Marjorie is a member of the Property Litigation Association. She regularly delivers training to clients in-house and at organised events on a number of housing and property related issues.
- Landlord: Acting for a large corporate landlord client in relation to a contentious collective enfranchisement claim.
- Registered provider: Advising the client in relation to a leaseholder's challenge to service charges claimed following major works.
- Local authority: Recovering possession of a residential property in a high value area occupied by trespassers causing nuisance to neighbouring residents on behalf of a local authority client.
- Developer: Successfully challenging an adverse possession claim and recovering possession of land on behalf of a developer client.
- Local authority: Acting for the authority in respect of a judicial review concerning a parking fine.