Lee is a Solicitor in the Construction & Infrastructure Team.
Lee deals with both contentious and non-contentious matters and acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors and sub-contractors.
Lee's dispute resolution experience includes pre-action negotiations, adjudications and court proceedings. In particular Lee's contentious work involves advising on claims for delay, extensions of time and loss and expense, defective design, repudiatory breach of contract and termination.
Lee's adjudication experience involves leading in cross adjudication proceedings where he acted for a main contractor in respect of its claim against a subcontractor relating to incorrect setting out, water ingress, associated defects and validity of applications for payment.
Lee has been published in prominent industry publications, including Builder and Engineer (print and online), Selfbuilder & Homemaker Magazine (print and online) and the Local Government Lawyer.
- Local Authority: Acting for a local authority in connection with a claim against a multi-disciplinary consultant in respect of a defective design of a school.
- Contractor: Acting for a main contractor in relation to its claim against a subcontractor in relation to incorrect setting out, water ingress and associated defects, which included advising on payment notices and the crystallisation of disputes.
- Sub-Contractor: Assisting with a sub-contractor's claim for loss and expense resulting from delays caused by the main contractor under a JCT Design and Build Sub-Contract.
- Local Authority: Assisting in acting for a local authority in a claim against a contractor for defective design of a theatre under a JCT Design and Build Contract.
- Sub-Contractor: Acting for a sub-contractor in a claim against a main contractor for withheld retention and defence of counterclaim for alleged defective works under a JCT Standard Building Sub-Contract with subcontractor's design.