Layla is a Legal Assistant in the Employment Team.
Layla assists the team working on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, assisting clients in both bringing and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal, County Court and High Court. Where appropriate, Layla helps clients to resolve their dispute outside of the Tribunal or Court process, endeavouring to reach a settlement that works for the client.
Layla advises clients on a range of claims including unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing and breach of contract.
Prior to joining the Employment Team, Layla worked in the Corporate Tax Team, where she gained experience in setting up employee share schemes and advising on tax reliefs to investors in start-ups.
- Various individuals: Assisting clients in bringing claims in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
- Various companies: Assisting clients in defending Employment Tribunal matters.
- Various individuals and businesses: Bringing claims in the County Court relating to restrictive covenant disputes.
- Various companies: Drafting, reviewing and updating employment documents and contracts.
- Various companies: Providing employment support on corporate deals.