Kim is an Associate in the Employment Team. Kim has been qualified for 6 years.
She advises both large co-operations, employers in the public and charity sector and individuals on all aspects of employment law. She has a particular expertise in bringing and defending unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE and PIDA claims, as well as advising employers on internal procedures for managing sickness absence, negotiating and drafting settlement agreements and advising on the effects of TUPE. She also provides corporate support on the employment aspects of buying and selling businesses.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Kim worked for a year in-house for Direct Line, supervising a team of Legal Executives and Solicitors in their employment law department. She qualified as a Solicitor at Lyons Davidson Solicitors, where she worked for several years specialising in employment law.
- Various clients: Undertaking predominantly high-value unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE, PIDA, Equal Pay claims including in the Employment Appeal Tribunal as well as county and high court breach of contract claims.
- Large co-operations and public sector employers: Acting for large co-operations and public sector employers including recently advising and acting for the largest restaurant chain in the UK in successfully defending an alleged whistle-blowing unfair dismissal complaint.
- Various clients: Advising on internal grievance procedures and managing sickness absences.
- Various clients: Advising both national and international clients on negotiating changes to terms and conditions of employment and on cross-border jurisdiction issues.
- Various clients: Drafting bespoke employment contracts (including restrictive covenant and ownership of intellectual property clauses) as well as disciplinary and grievance policies.