Kelly is an Associate in the Real Estate Team specialising in all aspects of commercial property transactions.
Kelly has experience practising in all areas of commercial real estate including the acquisition and disposal of key real estate assets, managing property portfolios and assisting with all aspects of estate management, real estate finance and the real estate elements of a broad range of corporate transactions.
She has advised a range of clients including domestic and overseas individual, institutional and corporate investors, local authorities, corporate occupiers and landlords, joint ventures and domestic and overseas banks and funders.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Kelly worked as an Associate in the real estate team at international law firm Simmons & Simmons. She trained at a niche property firm in London before moving to Clarke Willmott upon qualification.
- International investor specialising in co-living space: assisted with the £450 million disposal of the largest co-living space in Europe in 2018.
- Overseas private investor: assisted with acquisition of a large commercial building in Nottingham for circa £150 million.
- International secure payment provider: advising on the general property portfolio including the re-gear of the head office space in The Shard, London.
- International bio-technology company: advising on the grant of a new lease for head office space in the Biosphere, Newcastle.
- Domestic pension fund: advising on a wide range of asset management transactions for the UK property portfolio. Work undertaken included sale and leaseback arrangements, grants and surrenders of leases, lease assignments, re-gears and various supplementary licences.