Katharine is an Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team specialising in non-contentious construction matters and procurements.
Katharine's work now focusses on non-contentious construction matters and procurements, working closely with our Real Estate, Projects and Corporate Teams advising on the construction-related aspects of deals. Katharine advises on standard forms of construction contracts, including JCT and NEC, together with consultants' appointments, collateral warranties, letters of reliance, novation agreements, bonds and parent company guarantees.
Katharine is experienced in infrastructure and commercial projects across a broad range of sectors providing specialist advice on the procurement process, the fast moving procurement legislative framework and related commercial and construction contracts, together with general project support for outsourcing and PFI/PPP projects. Katharine has advised and assisted Government departments, local authorities, education institutions and the NHS, as well as national and multi-national companies.
Katharine joined Ashfords from DAC Beachcroft in Spring 2015. Before that, she worked at Osborne Clarke.
- Developers: Advising developers in respect of streamlining the procurement of contractors and consultants for various projects. Drafting bespoke suites of framework agreements and underlying contracts for the appointment of contractors and consultants, together with bespoke underlying forms of appointment.
- Funders: Drafting, negotiating and advising upon security documentation, and providing legal opinions as to the validity and enforceability of security documentation.
- Exeter City Council ("ECC"): Advising the council in relation to its Construction Contractor's Framework to appoint three Lots of contractors who have the ability to work collaboratively with ECC to deliver high quality residential and commercial sustainable energy efficient developments with a focus on "Passivhaus" and "Building Biology" principles that meet ECC's long term objectives. Katharine is acting on all aspects of the procurement as an integral part of ECC's team, including strategy advice, drafting all procurement documentation (including PIN, Contract Notice, Descriptive Manual, PQQ, ITT, Framework Agreement, Call-Off Contracts, contract award letters and Contract Award Notice), managing the Procurement Portal, managing any bidder PQQ and ITT clarifications and running Bidder Open Days.Katharine is also drafting and advising on the JCT Design & Build Contract and ancillary construction documentation for the project, which will include the UK's first Passivhaus swimming pool.
- Local Authority: Reviewing, reporting and advising on construction documents relating to the proposed purchase of three commercial sites.
- Wandsworth Borough Council: Acting for the council in relation to all of its contract and procurement matters, including in relation to a Pan-London authorities joint venture project, variations, bespoke funding agreements, procurement and vires extensions and termination of contracts, grant advice and service contracts across the spectrum of health and social care, housing, education and business services.