Katharine is an Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team specialising in non-contentious construction matters and procurements.
Katharine's work now focusses on non-contentious construction matters and procurements, working closely with our Real Estate, Projects and Corporate Teams advising on the construction-related aspects of deals. Katharine advises on standard forms of construction contracts, including JCT and NEC, together with consultants' appointments, collateral warranties, letters of reliance, novation agreements, bonds and parent company guarantees.
Katharine is experienced in infrastructure and commercial projects across a broad range of sectors providing specialist advice on the procurement process, the fast moving procurement legislative framework and related commercial and construction contracts, together with general project support for outsourcing and PFI/PPP projects. Katharine has advised and assisted Government departments, local authorities, education institutions and the NHS, as well as national and multi-national companies.
Katharine joined Ashfords from DAC Beachcroft in Spring 2015. Before that, she worked at Osborne Clarke.
- Developer: Advising in respect of the construction contracts package for the development of a mixed refurbishment and new build of teaching facilities and student accommodation at a new site.
- Registered housing providers: Advising various registered housing providers on the construction elements of development agreements, to acquire and develop land for affordable housing on large residential development schemes.
- Funders: Drafting, negotiating and advising upon security documentation, and providing legal opinions as to the validity and enforceability of security documentation.
- Local Authority: Strategic advice relating to the procurement of a contractor to deliver capital works, including a leisure centre and housing. Guiding the local authority through the tender and clarification stages of the procurement, drafting PCSA, schedule of amendments to JCT DB 2016 and forms of associated documentation (including collateral warranties, parent company guarantees and performance bonds).
- Local Authority: Reviewing, reporting and advising on construction and security documents relating to the proposed purchase of three commercial sites.