Karolina is a Solicitor in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team. Karolina advises on all aspects of insolvency law, including both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Karolina is bilingual in English and Polish and often assists Polish speaking business owners and directors facing financial hardship as well as creditors and a variety of other stakeholders in insolvency and restructuring processes.
Prior to studying and qualifying as a Solicitor in England and Wales, Karolina completed her Master's degree in law at the Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland achieving an award for her thesis which focused on the basis for insolvency in Poland and England. As part of her studies she took opportunities to study in Slovenia and to take up an internship in Ireland, and completed a Comparative Law Course within her Master's degree.
- Company: Advising a care home on responding to a winding-up petition presented by HMRC and on a validation order required to allow the company to continue trading.
- Liquidators: advising liquidators in relation to various claims, including misfeasance and antecedent transactions, against directors of a recruitment company.
- Administrator: Acting for the administrators of a group of restaurants in relation to a pre-pack administration sale.
- Director: Advising a director on defending disqualification proceedings against him.
- Director: Advising a director on re-using a company name after liquidation.
- Private clients: advising a bankrupt's parents in relation to their beneficial interest in a property registered solely in the bankrupt's name.
- Trustee in bankruptcy: Advising a trustee in bankruptcy in relation to claims arising out of a transfer of equity in a property to a spouse.