John is a specialist Personal Injury solicitor with 20 years litigation experience.
John advises on all types of personal injury claims including road traffic accidents, accidents at work, public liability claims and occupational disease claims. John has also acted for children and those that lack capacity.
Throughout his legal career John has been involved in litigation with the focus being on personal injury claims. John was heavily involved the PIP breast implant group litigation representing claimants in the cases both in England and France.
- Advising a HGV driver who suffered complex injuries in a high speed high velocity impact.
- Acting for an agricultural worker who fell from a grain silo suffering life threatening injuries. Securing a six figure settlement and extensive rehabilitation programme.
- Representing a client who was involved in a car fire after a garage carried out repairs on the vehicle. The driver suffered from PTSD.
- Acted for a cyclist who was knocked off his bike by a car and suffered injuries to his shoulder including the exacerbation of an underlying condition. The settlement included the costs of future surgery.
- Advising clients on the use of personal injury trusts.
- Represented a college lecturer who experienced the onset of industrial asthma when building works were carried out on the college and the employer failed to carry out appropriate risk assessments and to provide safe working conditions.
- Acted for a heavy plant delivery driver who suffered a fractured pelvis and hip when a dumper truck that was being loaded rolled backwards trapping him underneath. A settlement was reached at a joint settlement meeting.
- Represented a railway engineer who suffered multiple fractures and crush injuries to his hand whilst carrying out train repairs due to the safety cutout system being incorrectly wired so that the power was not isolated.
- Acting for a minor who suffered psychological injury when involved in an accident as a coach passenger. The child suffered a number of relapses before treatment was concluded and a settlement reached with the approval of the Court.
- Represented a large number of women in the PIP breast implant group litigation which involved legal claims both in the UK and France.