Joanne is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team, she has expertise in advising banking, commercial, rural, equestrian and public sector clients on all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
Whilst Joanne has acted for a range of national and international organisations, she has spent her legal career specialising in dispute resolution in private practice in commercial law firms in Bristol, gaining a clear insight into the needs of Bristol and South West clients in particular.
Joanne is part of our Professional Negligence Team which specialises in advising banking clients on High Court claims against negligent solicitors and valuers. Before joining Ashfords, Joanne worked for a leading firm specialising in all types of litigation for major high street banks, including consumer credit and investments.
Joanne's background in agriculture, having grown up on a dairy farm in Somerset, supports her regular advice to farming clients. Also an experienced horsewoman, Joanne also has an established equine litigation and bloodstock practice, providing knowledgeable advice to equestrian clients on a full range of disputes.
- Two well-known high-street clearing banks: Assisting with high value professional negligence claims in respect of agricultural, residential, development and commercial property.
- Public body: Advising on a multi-million pound, multi-party, flooding dispute including challenging arguments as to quantum.
- Farming business: Advising on a complex agri-chemicals dispute relating to breach of contract and crop failure.
- Racehorse owners: Advising on claims relating to equine veterinary negligence including aspects of technical expert evidence.
- Equestrian businesses: Advising buyers and sellers in respect of disputed horse sales including in relation to lameness, behavioural issues and non-payment.