Jason acts for Claimants and Defendants in commercial disputes, warranty claims, partnership disputes and Professional Negligence claims.
Jason advises on a wide range of commercial disputes. He has acted for a number of clients in relation to disputes concerning warranties and additional consideration and earn out provisions in commercial contracts.
Jason's experience includes advising on partnership disputes including farming, construction/development and trading partnerships. His experience also includes advising care homes and more recently advising on disputes concerning pension schemes.
Jason has experience acting for clients on a conditional fee (no-win-no-fee) basis.
Jason was appointed as a Deputy District Judge on the Western Circuit in March 2019.
- Private client: Acting with regards to a dispute over an "Earn-Out" agreement following the sale of a business (£1.2 million).
- Private client: Working on a professional negligence claim against a firm of engineers following an industrial fire (£500,000).
- Private client: Defending a warranty claim arising out of a sale of a business for £500,000 (successfully defended in full).
- Guernsey based pension scheme: Acting for the pension scheme in claims for the recovery of pension assets of £1 million - successful at trial (November 2016).
- Printing company: Successfully defending (in full) a claim for £500,000 brought against a printing company by a multi-national supplier of printing equipment.
Fights his client’s corner all the way and is disarmingly tough whilst also warm and engaging.
Legal 500 2018